People need to take driving theory tests, and that is still happening across the country. Measures are in place to make that as safe as possible. The information in this article includes government updates from the start of December. Part of our responsibility at Fast Track Driving is to keep you updated, to maintain our reputation as Nottingham’s best source of driving theory training.
Theory tests continue to take place nationwide except for areas where lockdown level 4 applies. If you are in a level 4 area, you are not allowed to go somewhere else with a lower rating. If you’re in an English or Welsh test centre, you’ll need to stay one metre away from anyone else. In Scotland, the required distance is two metres. Think of it as a good way to practice judging distances between vehicles on the road.
All 36 centres are making sure they use extra measures at this point. As well as more cleaning, there are protective see-through desks in reception. Just like shops, there is hand sanitiser for you to use on your way in and out of the building. The workstation where you do your test will be cleaned before you use it, and afterward for the next person.
Staff will be wearing masks unless there is a valid reason for them not to. The same applies to you, with reasons for exemption around mental health (including serious distress), physical health, and disability. You need to say beforehand if you will not be wearing a mask, or your appointment will be canceled when you turn up. When you arrive, you will be asked to remove it for a very brief period to confirm your identity.
• If you have coronavirus, you can’t do the test.
• If you live with someone who has coronavirus, you can’t do the test.
• If the Test & Trace service informs you that you’ve been in contact with someone who has coronavirus, you can’t do a test.
• If you need to self-isolate on the day you’ve booked for the test, you need to rebook – this can be done for free.
• If you entered the UK within 14 days, you can’t do the test…unless you arrived from a country on the ‘travel corridor’ list, or you belong to a group who don’t have to self-isolate.
If you’re asking yourself “where are driving theory test training courses near me?”, remember it’s not just the training that counts. It’s a commitment to students. That’s one of the reasons Fast Track Driving is noted for being Nottingham’s finest. Interested in how we can support you?